WFHA PRE-APPLICATION INFORMATION
Welcome to the Wichita Falls Housing Authority’s pre-application for the Public Housing. Please read the information below before completing the pre-application.
- Meet the HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status
- Have an Annual Income at the time of admission that does not exceed the income limits established by HUD posted in the WFHA offices.
- Provide documentation of Social Security numbers for all family members,
- Pass a criminal background check and all screening requirements,
- Pay any money owed to WFHA from either the public housing or Section 8 voucher programs or any other low income housing program.
Pre-applications will be accepted online or paper applications by mail, fax or in person at the Wichita Falls Housing Authority Office.
If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities, and you require a specific accommodation to fully utilize our programs and services, or if you need assistance in completing this application, please contact the housing authority at (940) 723-8389.
Be sure to include the names, social security numbers, dates of birth & all income for every family member who will live in the household. Be sure to provide your complete address so we can contact you. When the applicant' name comes up on the waiting list. they will be contacted by mail, to begin the eligibility processing. The information provided to WFHA by the applicant will be verified for accuracy and eligibility.
Changes in preference status, household composition, address and phone # must be reported to (940) 723-8389. Failure to report changes within 10 days will result in the application being withdrawn.
Unit Offer will be made once the screening process is completed, WFHA will offer units in the Appropriate bedroom size on a first come first served basis.
You must complete and submit the entire pre-application before being placed on the waiting list.
The Wichita Falls Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.